What is a Page Title?
Look at the top of this page, you will see “Old Town Media, Inc Blog..” as our page title for this page.
Why is the page title important?
- Page titles influence search engine rankings.
- The page title is often used as the heading for your site listing in search engines.
- Page titles are the default label for browser bookmarks.
- Page titles are stored in browser history lists.
- RSS generators and content management systems use page titles to create headlines.
- Most people link to web pages using the page title for anchor text.
Tips for Writing Better Page Titles
The most important thing to remember when writing web page titles is that web page titles are almost always read out of context. Normally there is nothing else except for the title to tell people what your site is about (especially with regards to a search engine listing).
- Keep your titles short.
- Write descriptive titles.
- Do not use the same title for all your web pages.
- Focus your keywords at the front.
- Write in plain language.
- Avoid unclear titles with more than one meaning.
- Use a call to action.
- Avoid unneeded words.
- Avoid keyword stuffing.
- Use separators “-” or “|” instead of words like “and” or “also”.
For more info, visit: https://www.socialpatterns.com/search-engine-optimization/writing-better-titles/