As a Storytelling Specialist at OTM, you will play a critical role in shaping stories that speak to a wide array of audiences while assisting with the creation and implementation of Public Relations and Marketing campaigns that will serve as vehicles for distributing the stories we create.
You will work closely with OTM’s Chief Strategy Officer and other Storytelling Specialists to shape strategic narratives for our clients and their ongoing campaigns and marketing initiatives. You will then be tasked with collaborating with OTM’s team of designers and marketing specialists to conceptualize and produce transformative content and experiences across multiple touch-points, all the while ensuring that everything we create is rooted in human-centric insights. Additionally, you will work with our team of Digital Marketing Coordinators to distribute content across various channels that support our Marketing and Public Relations campaigns.
The Storytelling Specialist is required to stay up-to-date on digital marketing and advertising trends, current events and should maintain a bird’s-eye view of all clients in order to proactively contribute toward the creation of stories – you are the champion of telling stories that make our clients successful.
Works in Collaboration with: Specialists
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
- Utilize OTM’s Brand Story Framework to create strategic content (print collateral, digital copy, and other brand assets)
- Create and implement strategic Public Relations and Marketing campaign concepts based on client needs
- Develop and facilitate the promotion of client initiatives (such as Grand Opening events, new product launches, etc.)
- Perform monthly (or as needed) Reputation Management (Google, Facebook, Yelp, and more) to include monitoring, reporting, and responding to online reviews
- Research and pursue relevant award nominations to promote the ACE (authority) concept for clients
- Optimize online listings to boost SEO and keyword rankings (monthly or as needed)
- Foster and facilitate community involvement through partnerships based on client needs, timing, and availability
- Coordinate with clients on the development and confirmation of a strategic reactive/proactive crisis management plans
- Utilize keyword-specific tracking software (Google Alerts, SEMrush) to actively monitor all media coverage for clients (e-newsletters, published print and digital articles, etc.)
- Manage ongoing media relations with key regional outlets
- Develop strategic and tactical opportunities from ideation to proposal and guides Account Services in pitching the offering to clients (new and existing)
- Able to draft story-driven content for websites, blogs, and social media upon hire
- Able to successfully brainstorm and pitch campaign ideas and story themes to Marketing Account Managers within 30 days of hire
- Able to plan and execute a digital marketing and advertising campaigns and strategies that meet client expectations and produces results within 60 days of hire
- Marketing, Journalism, Business or Communications Related Degree
- Professional experience in some area of Marketing or Communications required
- Knowledge in key areas of marketing (social media, SEO, email marketing, PPC)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong copywriting as well as creative writing skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Tech-savvy with a desire to learn about new technology and digital trends
- Ability to work as a team on large projects while exercising collaboration
- Ability to work on projects as a single-person team in order to fulfill client objectives
- Positive attitude and willingness to work hard
- Self-motivated and able to self-teach
All applicants who pass the first interview will be asked to come into OTM for a full-day (8 hour) working interview
- Curiosity: Asking questions to understand, learn and apply
- Care: We genuinely give a shit about each other
- Integrity: Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
- Earn it: Work for it and own it, then celebrate it
- Perseverance: If it were easy, everyone would do it
The salary range for this position is $41,323 –$69,270 base annual dependent on experience and qualifications. OTM uses Payscale to determine salaries for all positions.
OTM offers all full-time employees competitive benefits (vision, dental, health), generous PTO and flexible work hours, performance-based bonuses, retirement matching, HSA contribution, and more.
Founded in 2007, OTM is a creative agency specializing in tailored marketing solutions for businesses who seek a long-term partner. Our success is rooted in our client relationships and our hands-on approach to customized business-driven solutions. We provide an in-depth strategy to achieve measurable results and our core values reflect our dedication to the company’s principles.
This is a full-time salaried position based out of our Downtown Fort Collins office with flexibility to work remotely part of the time. The position requires the ability to attend client meetings, videography and photography shoots.